Sunday, January 22, 2017

Week 15 Jeopardy!

For our last week this semester, we played Lord of the Rings Jeopardy!

We missed the Claridges, Corbin and Jared.

The teams were:
Team 1 Adam vs
Team 2 Noah, Emmalyn, Elliot and Katie.

They were pretty well matched, at 6600 and 6700 when we went into final Jeopardy.   My final Jeopardy question could have accepted Adam's answer, but we were pretty much out of time. Team 1 Adam wagered 6000, and Team 2 wagered 100.

It was this:

Answer:  It is what Tolkien says that this tale is mainly concerned with.

Question:  What is death and immortality?

I got it from this quote:  
                                "But I should say, if asked, the tale is not really about Power and Dominion: that only sets the wheels going; it is about Death and the desire for deathlessness. Which is hardly more than to say it is a tale written by a Man!" “It is mainly concerned with Death, and Immortality; and the 'escapes': serial longevity, and hoarding memory." 

Adam gave the answer of "What is the Catholic Bible?" Based on the earlier quote I've posted twice before about the LOTR being a Catholic work, unconsciously at first, and consciously in the revision. .  
Team 2 gave "Good vs Evil" 
Good answer, that is a huge theme of the series.  

At the end of class, I called the game a tie because I felt I could accept Adam's answer. But if I really accepted it, Adam would win with 12,600...  I wouldn't correct him if he said he won.  ;)   

No comments:

Post a Comment